Club sandwich is one of the easiest and fastest sandwich that you can make when you are really hungry. This sandwich is much bigger than usual sandwich, it’s almost fill your stomach for hours. My husband fall in love with this. Because he loves the fillings that used in it. People use their own imagination and modification to make this as they like. But the classic club sandwich ingredients are always the same.So why is it called a club sandwich?
I have done some research online about the club sandwich, it’s seems to me bit confused. A website said “The Union Club” which located Fifth Avenue, 21st Street in New York City, has created the club sandwich for the first time in 1889. And it was unique “Two toasted slices of Graham bread, with a layer of turkey or chicken and ham between them, served warm”. And in early days it was called “The Clubhouse Sandwich”. Later it’s name slowly getting change into “Club Sandwich”.
Another websites says that, it has been invented in The Saratoga Club House in Saratoga Springs, New York, in its own kitchen in 1894. I am not sure who invent the sandwich, but who care? We love it.
Club Sandwich ingredients;
In early days Clubhouse sandwiches may be made in a number of different ways, but are served warm as a rule on bread carefully toasted at the last moment. Toasted white bread is standard. And a layer of ham or bacon, on top of this a thin layer of pickle, along with iceberg lettuce and tomato on top of that a thin slice of cold roasted chicken or turkey, at the center a teaspoon of mayonnaise dressing. However variations on the traditional club sandwich is always there. The sandwich is commonly served with an accompaniment of either coleslaw or potato salad, and often garnished with a pickle.
If you are a beginner or new to cooking, I highly suggest you to check out our step by step guide with photos and description below.
How To Make Club Sandwich | Step By Step Guide With Photos
- Heat a pan at medium flame and Fry the the bacon both side until its cooks.
2. Meanwhile cut the tomato into equal size slices.
3. Spread the mayonnaise on the toast and place the ham layer first.
4. Now place the chicken layer and add the cheese right at the top.
5. Now place another layer of bread (toast) and spread the mayonnaise on it.
6. Place the bacon layer, lettuce and tomato on top of it
7. Apply mayonnaise to the last toast and cover it on the top
8. Use 4 cocktail sticks to secure the sandwich (Top,Bottom,Left,Right, [corners])
9. Finally cut the sandwich into 4 triangle pieces
10. Enjoy the sandwich with fries or potato salad.
Club Sandwich Recipe
Club Sandwich Recipe
- 3 slice Bread toast
- Cheddar Cheese as much
- 4 – 5 Smoked Ham slice
- 4 – 5 Smoked Chicken slice
- 4 Bacon slice
- 1 large Tomato
- Mayonnaise to taste
- Lettuce as much
- Heat a pan at medium flame and Fry the the bacon
- Cut the tomato into equal size slices
- Toast the bread. Spread the mayonnaise on the toast and place the ham & Cheese over
- Now place another layer of bread (toast) and spread the mayonnaise on
- Place the bacon layer, lettuce and tomato on top of it
- Apply mayonnaise to the last toast and cover it on the top
- Use 4 cocktail sticks to secure the sandwich (Top,Bottom,Left,Right, [corners])
- Finally cut the sandwich into 4 tangle pieces.
- Enjoy the sandwich with fries or potato salad.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? Please let me know about your thoughts/comments, down below the comments section.
I am so excited to hearing from you.