Roasted Tomato Cheese Sandwich is my favorite breakfast. Different people make this sandwich using all different kind of bread, but today I’am going to use normal daily sandwich bread where you can buy it from any shop.
For this recipe I’m using cherry tomato, because its give me a fantastic flavor, that you will feel when you had your first bite. I highly recommend you to choose a sour and juicy tomato, this will naturally add the flavor to your sandwich. Also I grove my Owen herbs, nothing like fresh homemade herbs that gives you a wonderful feeling when you cook with them.
For me, the extra matured cheddar cheese is fantastic, as my kids love when cheese is melted inside their sandwich. It’s depend how much cheese you want to add to the sandwich, you can add as much as you like but make sure you don’t spoil the taste of the fresh tomato and the basil. The key is here to have a good combination of these tress ingredients comes together when you have that tempting bite.
This sandwich is suitable for vegetarians too. Hope you will enjoy this roasted tomato cheese sandwich.
Roasted Tomato Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Roasted Tomato Cheese Sandwich
- 8 slice Bread
- 50 g Butter
- 150 g Cherry Tomatoes
- 200 g Cheddar Cheese
- Fresh Basil hand full
- 2 clove Garlic
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cut tomatoes in to 2 half and put them in to a bowl. Mince the garlic and add them to the bowl. then add the olive oil. seasoning with the salt and pepper. Mix them all together, using a spoon
- Preheat the oven to 370°F. (190°C)
- Place the tomatoes on a baking tray and roast them for about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Scraped the cheese
- Spread the butter on to the bread. place the scraped cheese on the bread followed by roasted tomatoes and basil, now close with another slice of bread.
- preheat a pan on medium heat and toast the bread both side and cheese is melted.
- Enjoy your Roasted tomato Cheese Sandwich while its hot.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please let me know how it turned out! by leaving a review below. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram [ be sure to tag me @niyoskitchen & hashtag it #niyoskitchen ]
I am so excited to hearing from you.